Monday, September 7, 2015

Holding Pattern

Egg In Clamp, courtesy of freepik

Well i left my job on the 20th of august, and i have kind of been stuck in limbo at my sisters house.  Before I can complete my conversion and prepare to hit the road, I'm waiting for my 401k to cash out.  This normally wouldn't take long at all, if my employer would actually submit the paperwork to the company that handles it.   I submitted long before I left work, and he promised to forward it on my last day.  Since my employer is the 'plan administrator' as well, i need his approval on the paperwork (how this isn't a conflict of interest is beyond me...)

 But he has not so far, and there isn't much I can do about it.   I don't know if this is some sort of payback for leaving or what, but as my small amount of funds dwindles I may have to go right back to work again and all my plans will be changed.  This is pretty depressing for me.

I looked up my options from a legal standpoint, and for some reason the gov decided that for 'administrative purposes' they can drag this out to February, minimum, if they want to do so.   Its my money, which is dwindling every day it sits there as the market drops.  All i can do is hope they will do the decent thing and submit my paper work.

I guess if there is a silver lining, I am getting the opportunity to really see how far i can stretch my dollar this way.   


  1. Hang in there. Was where you were not so long ago, myself, waiting on a sale to finalize... for 3 months. Thought the same as you, it was surely a test to see how far money can stretch. Then, when I had the money, had this strange desire to not spend it! lol

    Am hoping this works out for you soon.

    1. Finally got the money, now im just working on getting things in order, hopefully ill be on the road soon :D